Customer service is the service given to the customer before, during and after a sale to ensure that they are satisfied with the product or service. Dynamic customer service is essential in a business because it maintains special relationships with existing clients which is a foundation for getting new customers and getting profits.
Customer service can be experienced in many forms in business but ultimately the persons who interact with the clients physically make an impression of the company. That is why organizations are keen on training their service provider with skills that would ensure the customer experience is exceptional through methods such as being courteous and showing empathy towards the customer.
To understand what tactics to apply to achieve customer service from a sales perspective, the business owner needs to understand the different kinds of clients and how to handle them.
CLASSIFICATIONS OF CUSTOMERS
1. Potential Customers. These kinds of clients are those that have not yet become clients but show some interest in your business. Potential customers just need to be given the reason why they should choose your product or services over the rest, they need to be shown value and how engaging with your business can be of importance to them. The tactic to employ here is to be nurturing and show them that you are available in case they need any assistance or advice on the business products.
2. New Customer. These are the kinds of customers who have for the first time bought your product or service they are trying to learn about your product and the best service you can offer in this case to try and explain how the product works to ensure a proper adaptation. Another customer service option that would be helpful at this point is ensuring that the customer can contact the business at any point.
3. Impulsive Customer. These customers do not need much convincing to buy the product or engage in a product, all the company needs to do is make the checkout process easy and quick, and in case the client asks a question to make it brief and straight to the point, and you will have yourself a sale.
4. Discount Customer. This customer is the type that see value in the product but cannot purchase unless they get some discount, If your product has some form of discount they will engage in it but once the deal is over the chances of this client walking are very high. The business needs to show this type of client that together with the discounts given the company also offers excellent customer service which is unparalleled. And when explaining deals to this client give necessary details and then provide an enticing offer to keep them coming back.
5. Loyal Customer. These are the kind of customers that will keep coming back for more they will even recommend your product to other people. As a business you are supposed to leverage this kind of customer’s experience to find out what works for them and what needs improving. Give them a platform to give some type of feedback then capitalize on the positives and work on the negative.